Sunday, January 16, 2011

Add the Quotes....

We have been discussing plagiarism in Comp class this week and it has made me take notice more of the quotes on Facebook. I don't know what it bothers me so much to see someone post a status of a known quote on Facebook but not give credit. And even if you don't know the author is it really that hard just to add the quotation marks? If its an excellent quote many people will comment and the person make the post takes credit. It's very irritating, at least to me. It has to make you wonder that if a person will take credit for a well known quote and publish it on a public forum what else can they do? If I can see your status I am on your friends list because I know you or work with you. So will that person take credit for an idea of mine at work then as well?? I think mostly people don't think twice about giving credit and do it without malicious intentions. When I think of crime, plagiarism isn't generally at the top of the list. But once you take a college course you begin to realize that it is taken seriously and it should hopefully start to rewire giving credit when credit is due. 

No comments:

Post a Comment